Thinking about building a new home or structure that will need new electrical service?
Beartooth Electric is excited for you and your new electrical service plans. We look forward to meeting you soon at our Red Lodge, Montana office.
To get started, the following forms/applications are required:
- Online Cooperative Membership Application (if not a current member)
- Beartooth Electric Application for Construction (PDF)
- Letter of Credit from your current utility (please have faxed to BEC at (406) 446-3934 if not a current member)
- State Electrical Permit
- Required easements
The Electric Service Engineering Meeting
Once the required forms and fees are received, our Field Staking Engineer will meet with you to create your new electrical service plan. It is helpful for you to know the following information to develop your plan:
- The type of service you require, e., residential, commercial, irrigation, etc.
- Where you would like the service located.
- The size of electrical load to be served.
- Any covenants requiring underground service.
- Any easement you may require to bring electric service to your property.
Here are a few additional items that may assist you in your new electric service planning.
Interconnection and Net Metering
Thinking about installing a renewable energy system? Here are the BEC Interconnection and Net-Metering policy, agreement, and specification sheet for your review. If you have questions, please give us a call 406-446-2310.
- Member Relations Policy MR416 —Interconnection and Net Metering of Member Generation Resources Smaller than 25KW (PDF)
- Member Relations Policy MR416A — Interconnection and Net Metering Agreement Member Generation Resources Smaller Than 25KW (PDF)
- Interconnection Application