Washington D.C. Youth Tour
BEC SERVICE AREA HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS-
DO YOU WANT TO GO TO WASHINGTON D.C. IN 2023?
YOUTH TOUR 2023
Application Contest Rules Resource Guide
Orientation will be on Friday, June 16 in Great Falls.
The group will fly to D.C on Saturday, June 17 and return June 23.
The essay topic for the 2023 Contest Essay is: If you could witness one historical moment first hand, what would it be and why?
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 9, 2022, 5 PM
Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc.
MAIL: PO Box 1110, Red Lodge, MT 59068
DROP OFF: 1306 N Broadway Ave, Red Lodge, MT
1. The student must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2023. (Currently a sophomore
2. Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
3. The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc., a
member of Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association.
4. The student must write an essay on the following topic (for those cooperatives using the essay
to select their representative): If you could witness one historical moment first hand, what
would it be and why?
5. Essays must include a cover page with the student’s name, address, telephone number and the
name of their rural electric cooperative and a copy of the attached application.
BEC Applicant’s, here are a few previous Youth Tour essay samples for essay topic, “What would your day be like without electricity” to get your essay writing thoughts started for this year’s topic, “If you could witness one historical moment first hand, what would it be and why?”
Essay Sample 1 Essay Sample 2 Essay Sample 3
If you have any questions, please contact Kaaren Robbins by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 406-446-2310. Good Luck!