Please note: The winning essay from the BEC Scholarship Competition will win an additional $500 Scholarship from Beartooth Electric Cooperative and be named the MECA Memorial Scholarship candidate.
- The applicants or parent/guardian MUST be a resident of Montana and a member of BEC
- The applicant must be either a graduating high school senior entering his/her freshman year in college or vocational technical training institution
- The scholarship may be used at a Montana college/university of vocational technical school, or an out of state institution
- All applications must be received by BEC no later than December 27, 2021. The BEC Board will select the finalists from each high school
2022 Beartooth Electric Cooperative Scholarship Application (PDF)
2022 MECA $500 Memorial Scholarship
The top scored BEC Scholarship candidate will win the opportunity to represent BEC in the Montana Electric Cooperative Association (MECA) Memorial Scholarship competition. MECA awards (1) one $500 scholarship to a deserving student in MECA’S Southeast District, who will be attending college in the fall of 2022. This scholarship is funded by individual contributions to the Memorial Scholarship Program. MECA’s Members Services Committee will select the scholarship finalist. Please complete and submit the MECA Memorial Scholarship application form with your BEC Scholarship Application and supporting documents. The deadline for both scholarships is December 27, 2021.
- MECA Memorial Scholarship Application – 2022 (PDF)