TRUSTEE NOMINATING PETITION DISTRICTS 2 & 5 (full three year terms) | DISTRICT 4 (remaining two years of term)
TRUSTEE CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS
Each candidate shall declare their candidacy for a trustee position by submitting a completed BEC 2022 Trustee Nomination Petition and a candidate statement of one hundred words or less describing their qualifications and reason for running to email@example.com. Upon receipt of a valid Trustee Nomination Petition, a link to obtain member signatures electronically will be prepared or signatures may be obtained on the hard copy petition. Each petition requires the name, address, telephone number, email, and dated signature of not fewer than fifteen (15) members, regardless of district, (Article IV, Section 4 of the Bylaws). A BEC member-owner may sign petitions for candidates in any district, and there is no limit on the number of candidate petitions a member may sign. The nominees will be given time at the annual meeting to share their qualifications and reason for seeking the nomination. Districts 2 and 5 trustees will serve full three year terms. District 4 will serve the remaining two years of the term.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRUSTEE:
Article IV, Section 3 of the Amended Bylaws
A. A Member shall be eligible to serve as a Trustee if the Member is a consuming Member at the bona fide residence of the Member in the Cooperative district in which the Member either seeks to represent or does represent.
B. No Member shall be eligible to become or remain a Board Trustee of the Cooperative under the following circumstances:
- If the Member is in any way employed by or has a financial interest in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy (excluding net-metered customers) or supplies to the Cooperative, or a business primarily engaged in selling electrical appliances, fixtures, or supplies to the Members of the Cooperative.
- If the Member has been an employee of the Cooperative for any length of time within the immediately preceding five (5) years.
- If the Member is employed by, is an agent of or is a close relative (as described in Article 7. Section 8.) of an employee or agent of the Cooperative.
- If the Member is employed by or materially affiliated with any other Trustee.
- If the Member owns an interest greater than ten percent (10%) or holds a management position in a business wherein more than ten percent (10%) of the goods sold are sold to the Cooperative or one of its subsidiaries, or a combination thereof.
C. Upon establishment of the fact that a Board Trustee is holding the office in violation of any of the foregoing provisions, the Board shall remove such Board Trustee from office.
D. Nothing contained in this section shall affect the validity of any action taken at any meeting of the Board in which an ineligible Board Trustee has cast a vote.
The Trustee Candidates Nomination Petition and fifteen (15) nominating signatures must be received by the Board of Trustees no later than 5 p.m., Friday, March 18, 2022.
Trustee Candidates: Please provide your candidate statement and digital photograph with your petition and e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc. Office at 406-446-2310.
BEC Trustee Nomination Petition 2022 (PDF) (printable copy)
Prefer a digital Trustee Nomination Petition email ready? Call us at 406-446-2310.