TRUSTEE CANDIDATE NOMINATION PETITIONS
TRUSTEE CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she is not a consuming Member and bona fide resident of the district served or to be served by the Cooperative.
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she is any way employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy (excluding net metered customers) or supplies to the Cooperative, or a business primarily engaged in selling electrical appliances, fixtures, or supplies to the Members of the Cooperative.
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she has been an employee of the Cooperative for any length of time within the immediately preceding five (5) years.
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she is employed by, is an agent of, or is a close relative of an employee or agent of the Cooperative.
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she is employed by or materially affiliated with any other Trustee.
- A person shall not be eligible if he/she owns an interest greater than ten percent (10%) or holds a management position in a business wherein more than ten percent (10%) of the goods sold are sold to the Cooperative or one of its subsidiaries, or a combination thereof.
B. Upon establishment of the fact that a Board Trustee is holding the office in violation of any of the foregoing provisions, the Board shall remove such Board Trustee from office.
C. Nothing contained in this section shall affect in any manner the validity of any action taken at any meeting of the Board.
The Trustee Candidate fifteen (15) nominating signature must be received by the Board of Trustees no later than 5 p.m., Friday, March 12, 2021.
Trustee Candidates: Please provide a personal biography and photograph with your petition or e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc. Office at 406-446-2310.