As a member-owned electric cooperative, BEC works directly for those it serves and is not designed to make a profit. It believes in providing safe, affordable, and reliable energy services to its members and adapting to changes that will shape our energy future. If you are looking for a place to apply your commitment to customer service and want to make a difference in your community, you’ve come to the right Co-op BEC offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, life insurance, wellness programs, and more!
BEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (PDF), BEC offers the opportunity to voluntarily self-identify as part of the application process.
Beartooth Electric Cooperative (BEC), a rural electric distribution cooperative, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the Communication Specialist position. Great opportunity to join the Beartooth Electric team and live, work, and play at the basecamp to the Beartooths!
Work Location: Red Lodge, MT
Employment Status: Full-Time
Drug Test: Required
Salary: DOE with Benefits
Background Check: Required
Relocation Benefit: None
Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
- Coordinate and support BEC communication and marketing engagement efforts with employees and Members, using written and electronic communications. Build positive internal and external awareness of BEC and its products and services and promote Cooperative values in our
- Coordinate BEC online presence, including website and social media platforms; source and curate content; increase online Member engagement through effective communication of initiatives and programs; remain abreast of the latest technology, services, and
- Write, edit and distribute press releases, articles, Board meeting minutes, and other cooperative communications as directed.
- Assist with coordination of the Annual Member Meeting; ensure active participation and positive communication of information; present information as appropriate; respond to Member concerns and inquiries.
- High school diploma or equivalence certificate in addition to proficiency in corporate communications, typically attained through a bachelor’s degree in communications, English, marketing, or graphic design and one or more years of experience or equivalent experience/education.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Proficient in writing and editing for print, email, and social
- Competent with publication layout and
Applicants should send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the BEC Human Resources department at 406-446-2310.
Beartooth Electric offers a competitive salary, benefits, and opportunity for professional growth.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.