Beartooth Electric Cooperative is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate to fill an APPRENTICE LINEMAN position. The chosen candidate will be responsible for learning the skills of the lineman trade while providing support for Journeyman Lineman with the construction, maintenance, and repair of electrical transmission, distribution, and substation systems.
Job Title: Apprentice Lineman
Reports To: Line-Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Type: Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: Represented by IBEW Local 44
Posted Date: 09/12/2019
Deadline to Apply: 9/30/2019
Requirements: Minimum High School diploma or GED, Certificate of Completion from an accredited Lineman College Program, Class A CDL license with clean driving record, Certified First-Aid and CPR within 90 days of employment
Submit Letter of Interest and Resume including copies of your Certificate of Completion from an accredited Lineman College, and college and high school transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School diploma, GED, or proof of equivalent.
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited Lineman College Program.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class “A”) with the ability to meet all DOT requirements and hold a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Background Check.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or exhibit the ability to obtain such certification within 90 days of employment.
- One (1) year of experience as a Groundman or Apprentice Lineman.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work productively in a team atmosphere.
- Capable of performing work in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
During the Lineman Apprenticeship you will support the Journeyman Linemen as you learn to install, maintain, and repair all transmission and distribution electrical systems and associated equipment, both overhead and underground, while utilizing line trucks, aerial boom, lifts, wire pulling equipment, backhoes, front-end loaders, and excavators.
Apprentice Lineman duties include:
- Maintenance of power lines and requires pole climbing, hot sticking, and working out of truck mounted bucket lifts to construct, repair or maintain line equipment or string, splice and sag wire on live or dead circuits.
- Operation of switches, cutouts, and use of grounding devices to work on de-energized lines and equipment.
- Transformer wiring.
- Performing the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Detailed time tracking using FERC Accounting.
- Working knowledge of current SESD Construction Standards.
- Reporting to the Line Crew or Service Crew foreman; and being responsible for all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Constructs and maintains primary and secondary overhead and underground electric systems.
Physical Demands of an Apprentice Lineman include:
- Lifting 50 lbs from floor to waist and waist to overhead,
- Carrying 75 lbs with both hands,
- Pushing and pulling in excess of 100 lbs of exertional force.
Job duties of the Apprentice Lineman also require:
- Sustained, awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body, and overhead.
- Balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities.
- Manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures.
- A forceful grip and pinch to enable manipulation of small objects.
In addition to a regular 40-hour work week, applicants are expected to respond when called to support On-Call Journeyman Linemen after hours, on weekends, and holidays – without exception.
BEC Apprentice Linemen must live within 20 minutes drive time of the BEC office located at 1306 Broadway Ave N in Red Lodge, Montana.