2019 Beartooth Electric Scholarship
Annually, Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc. offers a $1,000 Scholarship to one senior graduating from each of the eleven high schools in its service territory:
Absarokee High School
Belfry High School
Bridger High School
Columbus High School
Fromberg High School
Joliet High School
Powell High School
Rapelje High School
Red Lodge High School
Reed Point High School
Roberts High School
The 2019 Beartooth Electric $1,000 Scholarship eligibility requirements have changed. Scholarships will be awarded preference to students entering skilled trades or agriculture career paths. In addition, scholarship applications will be accepted at Beartooth Electric until March 15, 2019. The BEC Board of Trustees will determine scholarship recipients at the March board meeting.
- The Applicant or Parents of candidates must be served by Beartooth Electric Cooperative in their primary residence and hold an active BEC member and account number.
- Applicant must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a 2-year or 4-year vocational school, college or university for the 2019 fall term.
- Candidates must be in their senior year in high school.
- Candidates must present a completed application to Beartooth Electric Cooperative with their certified transcripts including SAT/ACT scores, activities and employment information and written personal statement by the deadline date.
- Payment of scholarship funds is made directly to the school that the student is enrolled. Checks are mailed in July to the college’s financial aid office noted in the application.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE JUDGED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
- 10% Academic Strength (as demonstrated by rigors of coursework, GPA and national testing scores)
- 10% Activities in School and Community, Awards & Honors
- 10% Employment, Volunteerism, and Community Service
- 20% Personal Statement
- 50% Financial NEED